Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fall (already) at the Farm

Lots of excuses for not posting again sooner.  We've been crazy busy moving in, finishing projects, plus Caine's been away- And the biggest problem: NO Internet on the farm!!!  Yes, we are really that rural.

So whats been going on at the farm?

We officially moved in at the end of August, just before Irene.  In preparation for the move, we hired the hardwood floors installed and carpet was placed in the living room.  Caine finished the bathroom to including installation of the sinks and washer/dryer.  My mother and I spent 4 straight days priming and painting the upstairs.  Caine, Cliff and my dad installed the kitchen cabinets complete with plywood counters. (Fancy!)  After the move, Caine promptly left for a 2 week followed by a 5 week long trip and renovations slowed to a snail's pace.  But the quartz kitchen counter was installed and the new heating ducts were connected.  And I managed to clear enough space in the barn to use my elliptical.

Since Caine's been back he has installed all of the kitchen hardware which looks sharp.  I keep patting myself on the back for my selections ; ) We've purchased some interior doors and Caine has started staining.  I have demanded a bathroom door before he departs again next month (and if he values his life- or the best parts anyway- he's sure to comply!).  We've commissioned a dutch door in maple to match our kitchen cabinets for the mudroom to kitchen entry.

The old house is coming along and is starting to feel more like home everyday.  Check out our progress under the kitchen tab.  More pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment